In a word, “ThingsConnect” is what makes RoboMQ different from all other middleware solutions for Internet of Things (IoT) and SaaS integration. When we envisioned RoboMQ more than two years ago the idea was to create a middleware integration solution that would be the platform of choice for the heterogeneous and diverse future of Cloud, SaaS, and IoT integration deployments. We envisioned a platform that could support the diversity of applications and protocols which were rapidly evolving with enterprise SaaS and IoT implementations. Furthermore, we believed that it was critical for RoboMQ to be built to support the yet to be created protocols, devices, and applications.
The Any-to-Any integration concept is one of the key elements that sets us apart from the competition, and enables our customers to succeed through cost-effective, innovative, agile and future-proof application integration within their organization.
Figure 1: Connecting any device, sensor, application or a thing
It is obvious now that the SaaS model is the future of many business-critical software applications. There is an inherent value in using SaaS because of better feature sets, a wider user base leading to community-based optimization, and lower pay-as-you-go (PAYG) costs.
The key challenge remains, how will enterprises integrate SaaS applications with the rest of the enterprise systems and other applications to enable business processes and tools that ultimately deliver competitive advantages to their business?
- An IoT device sends information over MQTT, HTTP or CoAP which creates a case or ticket in Salesforce, ServiceNow or another ticketing system
- Command and control scenarios between small microprocessor IoT devices and operations systems like turning on fans remotely upon detecting high temperatures
- A file-based legacy system can communicate with HTTP based SaaS platforms
- An IoT device gathers temperature, pressure or other environmental information that gets pushed into a database and real time analytics platforms
- Credit card processor events are correlated in real-time with Accounting and other applications, and alerts are generated as necessary
- An industrial SCADA/Modbus device can work with Cloud and enterprise based operational systems without much additional code development or retrofit