Fig 1: RoboMQ as the connecting glue with the rest of the enterprise
Integration of Workday events and actions: RoboMQ provides a Workday integration solution with cloud and on-premises applications to automate any of the HR and finance events and activities. Some of the common use cases are employee life cycle management or integration of finance data with reporting analytics, BI and other business operations systems.
1. New employee onboarding
When a new employee joins an organization, a large number of coordinated activities happen to get the employee smoothly on-boarded.
- When a new employee starts working at a company, his or her information is entered into the company’s Workday HR system, Payroll system, Absence system, Benefits system, and sometimes more.
- Some information is also entered or updated in the Recruiting system and Staffing system in Workday.
- Upon the above actions in Workday, a sequence of actions need to be taken on systems outside of workday, such as
- Active Directory Provisioning – An account should be created in Active Directory for the new employee
- Provisioning of emails, access to document share and other essential productivity tools
- Provisioning of Role Based Access Control (RBAC) in other enterprise applications like Sales, operations, resource management, etc. based on the rights and privileges of the employee.
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.
Fig 2: New employee on boarding workflow
The image below shows one of the simple solutions for the above on-boarding process with RoboMQ Integration Flow Designer, where a customer can use new hire data from a recruitment system and map the data fields to Workday using the browser-based workflow Designer. Integration Flow Designer makes configuring and deploying a business workflow as simple as dragging and connecting nodes from a palate of nodes. Once the flow is deployed successfully then whenever new employee is hired, business processes above will get executed.
Fig 3: Designing the New Employee on boarding process with Integration Flow Designer
2. Employee Life Cycle Management
Employee Life cycle events, including promotion, change of role, transfers, long term leave, pay raise, or terminations, start in Workday. These events can then be integrated with the rest of the information systems by making Workday part of near real time business process flow using RoboMQ.
Financial transactions including payroll related activities generate data and events that are meaningful if they are automatically made available to other enterprise and third party applications.