RoboMQ is a cutting-edge IoT and Integration Services Platform (iPaaS) that can connect any device, sensor, SaaS, Cloud, mobile or enterprise application, using any standard protocol. At the core, it is a distributed and federated message-oriented middleware with our ThingsConnect suite of adapters & connectors, Microservices based integration application development platform, management UI, messaging dashboard with real time analytics engine and monitoring and alerts capabilities.
RoboMQ provides the following core components:
Protocol Agnostics Integration Middleware
- Core Message-oriented middleware: Hybrid, distributed and federated Message-oriented middleware provides guaranteed delivery, indirection, routing, and complex content-based, and rule-based message delivery. RoboMQ integration middleware is available on cloud (SaaS), on-premise and also as Hybrid Messaging cloud supporting all possible IoT device and application topologies. A truly federated architecture that supports intelligent routing and provides a cache and buffering mechanism at the middleware level.
- A ThingsConnect suite of adapter and connectors: things connect is the key differentiator of RoboMQ from the competition. Using traditional integration middleware technologies, the integrating applications need to code in a specific API or integration protocol, often proprietary. With SaaS and IoT, the application space is defragmented and each SaaS application supports one or other Industry standard integration protocol. ThingsConnect solves this problem by allowing applications to connect to each other using the protocol of their choice with the adapters and protocol conversion took care by RoboMQ. The benefit is significantly reduced development and maintenance costs, as well as the speed of integration with diverse applications and technologies. Unlike the competition, RoboMQ is protocol-less or protocol agnostic. It has no API or protocol, rather any application can integrate with it using any protocol.
RoboMQ is built on the latest container and cloud technologies and run on docker. All the connectors and adapters are packaged as Docker containers and are therefore atomic, independent and autonomous. It can run on any hardware or OS combination with no dependencies and deployment configuration needs. RoboMQ provides all the core components needed for Microservices architecture including:
- Multi-protocol API Gateway
- Messaging fabric for chaining and communication among Microservices
- Microservices development framework
- Management UI: Management UI provides a graphical dashboard and control application for system administrators and super users to manage RoboMQ middleware platform. Management UI is intended for restricted access to system admins only.
- Messaging Dashboard: Messaging Dashboard provides a single dashboard of 23 key operating operational parameters in operation control style dashboard for monitoring and control by operational personnels. Messaging dashboard displays real time and statistical information from real time analytics engine that collect these key operational values at a predefined interval.
- Error Analytics: Error Analytics provides realtime and statical information about the errors that occurred while integrating using RoboMQ. Error Analytics GUI provides data and charts with choice of multiple selection criteria.
- Monitoring & Alerts: This component provides SMS, email or phone alerts for events of interest. We also have integration capabilities to create cases/tickets in Salesforce, ServiceNow, Jira or any other case management system for such events of interest.
- Device to Dashboard: Device to Dashboard is a real time analytics and visualization platform of IoT device data with no programming needed. IoT devices send unstructured data to RoboMQ Device to Dashboard, which is indexed in realtime and is available for visualization and correlation by simple drag and drop of widgets.
- Event Recorder: Event Recorder component allows the events or the messages being exchanged between two systems to be wire tapped and be persisted to a relational or a big data database like MongoDB or CouchDB. Event Recorder is targeted at the use case of building a real time analytics engine using a BI database that is populated in real time as events happens. Event Recorder provides ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) offloading and saves the headache of ETL job failure, database overloading with added bonus of having data available in realtime as action happens.
- Data-Driven Alerts: Data-Driven alerts components provides alerts over email, SMS, or phone in real time when an IoT device data or measurement violates a predefined threshold.
- Hybrid Messaging Cloud: Hybrid Messaging Cloud is an integration companion for Hybrid Clouds. Each local on-premise site hosts a Docker based or appliance based RoboMQ federated to RoboMQ on cloud. Hybrid Messaging cloud thus allows local integration to happen over local RoboMQ and the integration to global or Cloud application over RoboMQ on cloud. Hybrid Messaging Cloud provides cache and buffering mechanism for intermittent network connectivity failure to cloud. At the same time, it provided efficient integration topology for enterprise using SaaS and Cloud with on-premise COTS and in-house developed applications.
For instance, IT managers will be able to access two new IaaS offerings from IBM’s Big Data and Analytics portfolio in the Cloud marketplace. InfoSphere Streams will allow organizations to analyze and share data in motion for real-time decision management, and InfoSphere BigInsights will make it easier for developers to use Hadoop to build secure big data apps. With the addition of these new solutions, IBM now offers more than 15 solutions from its Big Data and Analytics portfolio, Watson Foundations, for business users in the Cloud marketplace. IBM’s Enterprise Content capabilities will also be available to help knowledge workers actively engage and manage content in a trusted cloud environment.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.